Hi, I'm Keenen Charles.
I'm a maker, software developer, and writer.
I've been creating things forever. Most of them failed but taught me many lessons. Currently I work as a software engineer focused on Android and frontend development and run InboxReads on the side.
Here I write articles generally about tech, art, and the impact they have in our lives.
Even More About Me
InboxReads is a directory to help you find the best email newsletters for any topic. I built it and launched it in September 2017 and it now gets 30K pageviews a month, $800 in revenue per month, and has over 2500 newsletters.
You can find more of my past projects here.
Currently I work as an Android Engineer on the Android SDK that allows clients to easily integrate open banking payments.
Delivery and logistics service in South Korea. Built and launched the Android app and added new features including APIs for the mobile apps.
Cross-border shopping app for South Korea. Worked on the Android app and some backend features.
A translation between Android and iOS terminology.
A tutorial for building an email notification system.
Tips on learning to manage anxiety while making projects.
A look at the issues I found while building TapTag.
Or Facebook on the Blockchain
- Gizmodo: Our Favorite Android, iOS, and Windows Phone Apps of the Week
- WIRED: An iPhone GIF-Maker and 4 Other Apps You Should Be Using
- MakeUseOf: Non-Email Apps to Read, Discover, and Manage Newsletters
- Genbeta, 2019: Wave Radio, a community of music lovers in which discovering and sharing music becomes a game
- T&T Newsday, 2016: Local entrepreneurs create photo sharing app
- Maker Spotlight: Good Vibes with Keenen Charles
- AndroidUnsplash, An unofficial Unsplash API library for Android
- SplashPicker, An Android picker for Unsplash images
- 1776 Challenge Cup Caribbean, 2016
- CARIRI CodeSPRINT, 2016
- Prime Minister's Awards for Scientific Ingenuity, 2015